Bressler reinforces its diversity and inclusion efforts with summer program and internship initiatives
FLORHAM PARK, NJ (June 2022) – This week, Bressler, Amery & Ross, P.C. welcomed its largest and most diverse class of summer professionals to the firm. The students, 80 percent of whom are diverse, joined the firm through Bressler’s Summer Law Clerk program and as scholar interns from the Schreyer Honors College Diversity Pipeline Internship Program. The incoming group of future lawyers and business professionals have a wide array of backgrounds and talents.
Since last year, the firm’s Summer Program has gone through a rebrand and leadership change. Donning its new name BAReady this year’s program is led by Justin Condit and Jacqueline Aleman. Condit, chair of the firm’s Summer Associate Committee, is an associate in the New Jersey office. His practice focuses on labor and employment and litigation. Aleman, vice-chair of the Committee and an alumna of Bressler’s summer law clerk program, sits in the firm’s Miami office and focuses her practice on business and commercial litigation.
In addition to BAReady, three Schreyer Honors College scholar interns will be joining the firm for the summer. Bressler recruited these Scholars via its Diversity Pipeline Internship Program, which the firm established in Summer 2021 in partnership with the Schreyer Honors College at Pennsylvania State University (Penn State). Now in its second year, the program exposes Schreyer Scholars from underrepresented communities to law practice and business.
“We’re excited to welcome this distinguished class of summer law clerks and eager to offer them a real-world experience that they find both exciting and challenging,” states Condit. "These young professionals from both our BAReady and Diversity Pipeline Internship program are the future of our profession. It is critically important that we proactively support these promising students and champion the next generation of great lawyers.”
Added Aleman, "Having gone through Bressler's summer program myself, I know firsthand that this group of up-and-coming lawyers can expect development opportunities and mentorship. I distinctly remember the professional and career guidance I received during my time in the summer program and appreciate how meaningful mentorship can be at this stage."
Bressler's Diversity Pipeline Internship Program and its BAReady program are two of the many firm initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion at Bressler and in the legal profession. Over the last several years, Bressler has earned recognition for its increased efforts to promote DE&I and is committed to being a part of meaningful positive change in the legal community by joining the Mansfield Rule for Midsize Law Firms in 2021.
"Throughout both of our summer programs, these exceptional students will be surrounded by professionals who guide them as advisors, mentors, and supporters," said Diana C. Manning, Bressler's firm managing principal. "We know our strength and achievements as a firm depend upon people with different insights, backgrounds, and experiences. Our summer programs help us build a strong pipeline of future leaders and are a primary source of hiring into full-time roles, so we seek the best and most diverse group of candidates."
The summer law clerks and scholars will be joining the firm in its New Jersey, New York, Florida, Texas, and Alabama offices.
Florham Park, New Jersey
- Sofia Camara, summer law clerk, is a 2L at Rutgers Law School.
- Angela Febres, summer law clerk, is a 2L at Seton Hall University School of Law.
- Luca Provenzano, summer law clerk, is a 2L at Seton Hall University School of Law.
- Maxwell Hahn, Schreyer Scholar, is set to graduate from Penn State University in June 2024.
- Jacob Lemler, Schreyer Scholar, is set to graduate from Penn State University in May 2023.
- Blake Toliver, Schreyer Scholar, graduated from Penn State University in May 2022. This will be Toliver’s second year interning with Bressler.
New York, New York
- Kathryn Capizzi, summer law clerk, is a 2L at Villanova University Charles Widger School of Law.
- Shira Elovic, summer law clerk, is a 1L at Duquesne University School of Law.
- Ketan Gupta, summer law clerk, is a 1L at New York University School of Law.
- Burke Wynne, summer law clerk is a 1L at Washington and Lee University School of Law.
- Jennifer Harper, summer law clerk, is a 2L at University of Miami School of Law.
- Audrey Rizk, summer law clerk, is a 2L at University of Florida Levin College of Law.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Kristia Hoffman, summer law clerk, is a 2L at Florida International University College of Law.
- Tamara Boles, summer law clerk, is a 1L at University of Alabama School of Law.
- Mariah Welter, summer law clerk, is a 1L at University of Alabama School of Law.
- Frank Barnes III, summer law clerk, is a 2L at University of North Texas at Dallas (UNT) College of Law.