Risa Rich concentrates her practice in trial and appellate litigation. At Bressler, Risa represents both national and regional enterprises in broad-ranging and complex disputes related to personal injury, professional liability, insurance, healthcare, and commercial transactions.
As one of Bressler’s senior litigators, Risa advocates tirelessly for clients in trial and appellate courts, bringing her extensive litigation experience to bear on the most challenging issues and decisions facing litigants. The matters Risa is entrusted to handle range from high-value tort and commercial disputes on behalf of Fortune 100 companies to administrative appeal hearings in the Office of Administrative Law. Whether the matter requires in-depth legal analysis, strategic counseling, or delicate negotiations, Risa has a demonstrated record of producing positive and valued-added results for her clients.
Risa is also deeply engaged with diversity initiatives, volunteering with and sponsoring various organizations working to promote diversity in the legal profession and inspiring young people interested in developing a career in the law.
Risa was recently appointed by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a member of the District XA Ethics Committee. Risa previously served two terms on the New Jersey Supreme Court Civil Practice Committee. She also participated in the Pro Bono Initiative created by Stuart Rabner, Chief Justice of the New Jersey Supreme Court, and the New Jersey Office of the Public Defender representing indigent criminal defendants appealing denials of their petitions for post-conviction relief.
A graduate of Seton Hall University School of Law, Risa was a member of the Civil Litigation Clinic for the Law School’s Center for Social Justice where she participated in the precedential case of Jones v. Brown before the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. She was a research assistant, a member of the law school’s Admissions Committee, and Treasurer, then President, of the Black Law Students’ Association.
Risa is an alumna of the Bressler summer associate program for law students.
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- Alert, 06.21.2021
- Firm News, 01.04.2021
- Firm News, 12.12.2016
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Speaking Engagement, 05.20.2021
- Risa Rich to Speak at ABA Regional CLE Program - Discover Yourself: Navigating the First Years of Litigation PracticeSpeaking Engagement, Newark, New Jersey, 03.26.2019
- Event, Newark, NJ, 08.04.2018
- Event, New York, NY, 05.18.2018
- Event, 05.19.2017
- Event, 04.06.2017
- Seminar, 02.22.2017
- Speaking Engagement, 07.10.2013
- Speaking Engagement, 11.21.2011
Articles & Publications
- Publication, New Jersey Law Journal , 06.2019
- ABA Formal Ethics Opinion Reminds Lawyers of Their Duties of Competence and Confidentiality in the Digital AgePublication, Association of Corporate Counsel , 09.25.2017
- Post-Disclosure Agreement Not To Trade May Be A Basis For Liability Under The Misappropriation TheoryAlert, 04.17.2017
- NY Appeals Court Rules That Insurer Did Not Waive Flood Exclusion By Failing To Expressly Cite It In Coverage DenialAlert, 04.13.2016
- Alert, 05.06.2015
- Recent Court Rulings Signal New Theories of Recovery Against Health Care Providers For Breaches of Patient Privacy and Inadvertent Disclosures of Protected Health InformationAlert, 03.24.2015
- Alert, 03.01.2013
- Warning: Attorney-Client Privilege Does Not Extend to Photograph of Pathology Slide Prepared at Instruction of CounselAlert, 02.19.2013
- Publication, MCCA CLE Expo Handout , 03.01.2012
Associations & Organizations
- American Bar Association
- Garden State Bar Association
- Hudson County Bar Association
- National Bar Association
Areas of Practice
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Yale University, B.A., 1999
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York