Claims against professionals, including lawyers, physicians, engineers, accountants, officers, directors, brokers, and trustees, are being brought with increasing frequency. Our Professional Liability attorneys represent a range of clients from some of the largest professional firms to regional and smaller companies, as well as individuals. Our representation includes law firms, accountants, healthcare providers, diagnostic laboratories, hospitals, medical facilities, professional services firms and their partners and executives.
Our Professional Liability attorneys are experienced trial attorneys and appellate advocates who handle a wide spectrum of liability suits, including malpractice, professional negligence, negligent misrepresentation, fraud, conflicts of interest and other ethical violations, breach of fiduciary duty and SEC violations. We counsel and draft formal opinions designed to assist professionals in understanding and complying with their legal and ethical obligations. We also counsel and represent professionals before state licensing, regulatory and disciplinary authorities.
Our attorneys are knowledgeable about the rules and regulations governing professionals and are skilled in vigorously representing our professional clients. Clients turn to Bressler’s Professional Liability team for strategic representation when facing complex legal, professional, and ethical challenges arising in malpractice claims. Our team excels when the stakes are high, the underlying facts are complex, and our client’s reputation and career are on the line.
News & Alerts
- Alert, Professional Liability Law Alert, 05.12.2020
- Firm News, 04.03.2020
- Firm News, 03.26.2020
- New Jersey Supreme Court Opens the Door to Applying Entire Controversy Doctrine to Legal Malpractice Claims Filed After Fee-Collection ActionAlert, 03.19.2020
- Firm News, 11.01.2019
- Firm News, 08.15.2019
- Firm News, 06.25.2018
- Diana Manning, Jed Marcus and Mark Tallmadge Nominated to the Fellows of the American Bar FoundationFirm News, 05.04.2018
Articles & Publications
- NJ Medical Board Declines Attorney General's Emergent Request to Suspend Physiatrist's License For Dangerous Opioid Prescribing; Instead Limits Prescribing PrivilegesAlert, 08.28.2019
- Appeals Court Affirms Five-Year Suspension of NJ Physician's License for Grossly Negligent Treatment of Inmate Patient Who Died Under His WatchAlert, 09.17.2018
- "A Core, Non-Delegable Responsibility": Prominent NJ Psychologist's License Suspended For Breaching Patient Privacy By Disclosing Confidential Health Information To Debt CollectorsAlert, 08.17.2018
- New York Physician Assistant's License Revoked for Failure to Undergo Medical and Psychiatric EvaluationAlert, 08.13.2018
- Unusual Recent Medical Board Disciplinary Action Against Unrepresented Physician Underscores Importance of Legal CounselAlert, 08.07.2018
- Alert, 02.18.2015