Austin is an attorney in the firm's Insurance practice area and focuses his practice on insurance defense.
Austin has worked exclusively in insurance defense since his time as a prosecutor at the Miami Dade State Attorney’s Office. Prior to joining Bressler, Austin was a Partner at a large Florida firm focusing his practice exclusively on First Party Property. Most recently, Austin worked in-house at one of the top 5 largest Property Insurance Companies in the State of Florida. In that role Austin managed property insurance lawsuits from the start of litigation though trial. He also evaluated and responded to Civil Remedy Notices, conducted Examinations Under Oath, provided legal advice and strategy regarding issues of coverage and the viability of affirmative suits.
Austin received his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated cum laude, double Honors in Litigation Skills, and received the Book award for Communications Law. Austin received his B.S. in Public Relations from the University of Florida, where he was on the President’s Honor Roll for all eight semesters.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America®, "Ones to Watch", 2021
News & Insights
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Webinar, 05.14.2020
- Webinar, 04.16.2020
- Seminar, Tampa, FL, 02.26.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 10.25.2019
- Use of Offers of Judgment and Proposals for Settlement to Resolve Litigation or to Shift Litigation CostsSpeaking Engagement, 10.25.2019
- Speaking Engagement, 10.10.2019
- Mastering the Claims Handling and Investigation of a Water Back Up Loss: Tools and Tricks of the TradeSpeaking Engagement, 09.13.2019
- Speaking Engagement, 08.26.2019
Get to Know Austin
Get to Know Austin
When Austin is not fighting for insurance companies in court, he can be found at the dog park with his two Havanesse, Teddy and Paddington.