Austin is a principal in the firm's Insurance practice area and focuses his practice on insurance defense.
Austin has worked exclusively in insurance defense since his time as a prosecutor at the Miami Dade State Attorney’s Office. Prior to joining Bressler, Austin was a Partner at a large Florida firm focusing his practice exclusively on First Party Property. Most recently, Austin worked in-house at one of the top 5 largest Property Insurance Companies in the State of Florida. In that role Austin managed property insurance lawsuits from the start of litigation through trial. He also evaluated and responded to Civil Remedy Notices, conducted Examinations Under Oath, provided legal advice and strategy regarding issues of coverage and the viability of affirmative suits.
Austin received his J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law, where he graduated cum laude, double Honors in Litigation Skills, and received the Book award for Communications Law. Austin received his B.S. in Public Relations from the University of Florida, where he was on the President’s Honor Roll for all eight semesters.
Awards & Accolades
- Included in the list of The Best Lawyers in America®, 2024
- Included in the list of The Best Lawyers in America®, "Ones to Watch", 2021-2022
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- 52 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2024, Including 2 “Lawyer of the Year” and 16 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.17.2023
- Florida Insurance Defense Duo from Bressler, Amery & Ross Defeat False Roof Claim In Orange County Jury TrialFirm News, 11.04.2022
- 44 Bressler Attorneys Recognized By Best Lawyers in America 2022, Including 1 “Lawyer of the Year” and 13 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.19.2021
- Firm News, 01.04.2021
- Firm News, 08.20.2020
- Attorneys Rafael A. Diaz, Austin Flickstein and Alisha Wilson Join Bressler, Amery & Ross in the Firm's Growing Insurance GroupFirm News, 07.16.2019
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Hope Zelinger, Austin Flickstein, Krista Elsasser, Linda Berns, and Michael Shifrin to speak at the 2023 FIFEC ConferenceConference, Orlando, FL, July 12th – 14th
- Speaking Engagement, 6.24.2021-7.12.2021
- Webinar, 03.19.2021
- Trends in Bad Faith Litigation & Best Practices in Anticipating & Protecting Against Bad Faith ClaimsWebinar, 12.2.2020-2.18.2020
- Webinar, 11.17.2020
- Webinar, 05.14.2020
- Webinar, 04.16.2020
- Seminar, Tampa, FL, 02.26.2020
- Use of Offers of Judgment and Proposals for Settlement to Resolve Litigation or to Shift Litigation CostsSpeaking Engagement, 10.25.2019
- Speaking Engagement, 10.25.2019
- Speaking Engagement, 10.10.2019
- Mastering the Claims Handling and Investigation of a Water Back Up Loss: Tools and Tricks of the TradeSpeaking Engagement, 09.13.2019
- Speaking Engagement, 08.26.2019
Articles & Publications
- Article, FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation, 12.20.2022
- Article, Law360, 11.03.2022
Get to Know Austin
Get to Know Austin
When Austin is not fighting for insurance companies in court, he can be found at the dog park with his two Havanesse, Teddy and Paddington.