Ed Velky concentrates his practice on a full spectrum of business, complex commercial, construction, and general litigation. He represents clients across all industries in the areas of partnership and shareholder disputes, malpractice actions, corporate divorce, breach of contract claims, construction disputes, and other business torts. He is experienced in all phases of litigation, including case analysis and strategy, written and electronic discovery, depositions, preparation, motion practice, oral arguments, resolution, trials, and non-binding arbitrations. He has prosecuted and defended these matters in both state and federal court. Due to Ed’s extensive state and federal litigation experience across all industries, other practice groups, such as securities, labor and employment, and environmental, routinely call upon him to assist with handling complex litigations and appellate work.
In addition to his litigation practice, Ed provides counsel for, among others, closely held businesses, contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, suppliers, and restaurateurs.
Prior to joining Bressler, Ed worked at New Jersey law firms where he represented individuals and businesses, small and large, in complex commercial disputes and professionals (e.g., attorneys, engineers, architects, etc.) in professional malpractice actions. He began his career serving as a Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Bruno Mongiardo, J.S.C. in the Passaic Vicinage of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Civil Division.
During law school, Ed was a law student intern for the New York Law School Criminal Defense Clinic where he represented clients charged with misdemeanor crimes. He was also a legal intern for the criminal division of the New Jersey State Office of the Public Defender where he assisted with briefs for indictment dismissals, illegal seizures, plea bargains, and Miranda rights violations.
Obtained a pre-answer dismissal of a federal lawsuit for breach of contract against a construction company and one of its principals
Filed successful motion to dismiss on behalf of legal malpractice client under Federal Rules of Civil Procedure 12(b)(6)
Secured $1.8 million (full demand) on behalf of commercial lender pre-litigation
Secured judgement in excess of $200,000 on behalf of nutrition and wellness client
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- 52 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2024, Including 2 “Lawyer of the Year” and 16 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.17.2023
- Firm News, 05.12.2023
- Alert, 05.03.2023
- 50 Bressler Attorneys Recognized By Best Lawyers in America 2023, Including 1 “Lawyer of the Year” and 17 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.18.2022
- Firm News, 03.18.2022
- Firm News, 10.18.2021
Associations & Organizations
- Brennan-Vanderbilt Inn of Court | LeTip of Montclair Networking Chapter
Awards & Honors
Awards & Honors
- Selected to the list of the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2022, 2023
New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars is conferred by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Selected to the list of the Best Lawyers in America® "Ones to Watch", 2023, 2024
This award is conferred by Best Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New York Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2015
- Montclair State University, B.A., cum laude, Jurisprudence, 2011
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York