We are uniquely positioned to advise financial institutions and others on anti-money laundering programs because the head of our Financial Crime Compliance practice had years of hands-on program experience when she worked in-house for a global financial institution for several years focusing exclusively on financial crime compliance. As a result, our lawyers not only advise on the legal requirements, they offer practical advice on implementation and best practices. When things go wrong, Bressler’s attorneys represent financial institutions and compliance personnel during regulatory investigations and enforcement proceeding stemming from anti-money laundering program deficiencies. In addition, our attorneys have experience with cutting-edge anti-money laundering topics such as banking cannabis companies and cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Comprehensive program design and establishment, including for banking marijuana-related businesses
- Customized controls and written policies and procedures
- Advice on Know Your Customer and Customer Due Diligence
- Automated monitoring vendor selection and design
- Suspicious activity, Currency Transaction and other reports.
- International client risk issues
- Risk Assessments and Independent Audits
- Examinations, investigations and enforcement defense
- Remediation of audit or regulator findings
- Alert, 05.20.2019
- Publication, Corporate Compliance Insights, 05.30.2018
- Publication, Westlaw Journal, 03.16.2018
- Anti-Money Laundering Programs Included in the SEC’s 2018 National Exam Program Examination PrioritiesAlert, 02.09.2018
- FINRA on Anti-Money Laundering Program Deficiencies in its First-Time Report on Examination FindingsAlert, 12.08.2017