Joel Everest devotes the majority of his practice to defending brokerage firms, RIAs, and financial professionals in regulatory investigations and customer-filed claims in court and arbitration. He has handled matters in more than half of the states, Washington D.C., and Puerto Rico related to all manner of securities issues and virtually every type of investment product.
As a member of Bressler's Senior and Vulnerable Investor Group, Joel also advises corporate clients on issues related to preventing and reporting senior financial abuse.
Joel prides himself on providing top-level service to his clients at all stages: from drafting persuasive briefs to poring over documents in discovery to bringing it all together in a convincing closing argument. He aims to explore creative options for success while staying as efficient as possible.
Joel graduated magna cum laude from University of Alabama School of Law, where he served as Senior Editor of the Alabama Law Review and was named to the Order of Barristers for excellence in oral advocacy.
News & Insights
- Firm News, 01.05.2018
- Bressler Selected as 2016 Pro Bono Midsize Firm of the Year By Birmingham Bar Volunteer Lawyers ProgramFirm News, 12.05.2016
- Firm News, 05.05.2015
- Firm News, 02.26.2014
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Event, Birmingham, Alabama, 10.10.2019
- Publication, Financial Advisor Magazine , 10.09.2019
- Alert, 10.04.2019
- Alert, 05.2019
- Alert, 02.28.2019
- Publication, Investment News, 02.22.2019
- Alert, 01.30.2019
- Publication, NSCP Currents, 12.2018
- Publication, Law360, 10.30.2018
- Alert, 09.10.2018
- Joel Everest Authors ABA Article "Exercise Caution When Relying on Electronic Arbitration Agreements"Publication, American Bar Association , 08.29.2017
- Publication, PLI Securities Arbitration 2014, Corporate Law and Practice Course Handbook , 07.01.2014
Get to Know Joel
Get to Know Joel
When he’s not thinking about securities litigation, Joel spends time with his wife chasing their three children under the age of 5.
Areas of Practice
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009
- University of Alabama, B.A., summa cum laude, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida