Katie Gannon is a principal in the firm’s Environmental Law practice group. Katie advises clients on all aspects of environmental law and state and federal environmental litigation matters, with a particular focus on representing clients’ interests in resolving liability at complex Superfund sites. Katie’s Superfund work includes representing clients in negotiations with government agencies, allocations of liability among potentially responsible parties, and prosecution and defense of cost recovery actions.
In connection with managing clients’ environmental liabilities, Katie has substantial experience advising clients on recovering insurance for such liabilities, often under historic general liability policies.
On the regulatory side, Katie counsels clients on site remediation matters, including regulatory compliance and permitting, enforcement defense, and brownfields redevelopment and funding. She also has extensive transactional experience, negotiating and drafting environmental provisions in a wide variety of corporate and real property transactions.
While at Seton Hall University School of Law, Katie was an editor for the Seton Hall Law Review, where she graduated magna cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif, a national honors society. She received her undergraduate degree in Business at The College of New Jersey, where she graduated magna cum laude.
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- 52 Bressler Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers in America 2024, Including 2 “Lawyer of the Year” and 16 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.17.2023
- 50 Bressler Attorneys Recognized By Best Lawyers in America 2023, Including 1 “Lawyer of the Year” and 17 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.18.2022
- 44 Bressler Attorneys Recognized By Best Lawyers in America 2022, Including 1 “Lawyer of the Year” and 13 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.19.2021
- Firm News, 08.20.2020
- Firm News, 03.26.2020
- Firm News, 12.16.2019
- Firm News, 03.18.2019
- Firm News, 10.13.2014
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Speaking Engagement, 06.13.2017
Articles & Publications
- Alert, 03.13.2019
- New Jersey Appellate Division Upholds Application of Judicial Estoppel Defense to Spill Act LiabilityAlert, 01.16.2019
- Alert, 01.28.2015
- Facing Reality: The Pregnancy Discrimination Act Falls Short for Women Undergoing Infertility TreatmentPublication, Seton Hall Law Review , 01.01.2010
Associations & Organizations
- Member, Justice Stewart G. Pollock Environmental American Inn of Court
Awards & Honors
Awards & Honors
- Included in list of the Best Lawyers in America®, 2021-2024
This award is conferred by Best Lawyers. A description of the selection methodology is available here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Recognized on the New Jersey Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2019, 2020
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.
Areas of Practice
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2010
- The College of New Jersey, B.S., magna cum laude, 2007
- New Jersey
- New York