Loren L. Pierce is a principal in the Business and Commercial Litigation practice group.
Loren focuses her practice on commercial litigation and also on insurance coverage and employment litigation.
Loren has handled cases in the federal and state courts, as well as cases involving disputed international matters. She has tried multiple cases to conclusion and argued cases before the appellate courts. She counsels clients on corporate and commercial matters and has prepared corporate-wide policies relating to compliance, employment and electronic discovery issues. Loren also counsels non profit organizations in all aspects of their businesses and represents them in litigation.
Before joining Bressler, Loren served as a Practice Group Manager for the Litigation & Insurance Services practice group at an AmLaw 200 New Jersey law firm, where she co-founded the firm’s Women’s Initiative. Loren has lectured at numerous seminars on various litigation and insurance topics for the New Jersey State Bar Association, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education and other groups.
Loren is current member of the Executive Board of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association and previously held positions including President, President-Elect, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. She was a member of the Amicus Committee of the New Jersey State Bar Association. She is also a member of National Association of Women Lawyers and serves on the Annual Meeting Planning Committee. Loren is a member of the American, New Jersey and District of Columbia Bar Associations, and has become a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. Loren is also a student mentor with NJLEEP.
Awards & Accolades
- In 2017, Ms. Pierce became a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- In 2016, Ms. Pierce was named to the inaugural class of "Top Women in Law" by the New Jersey Law Journal
- In 2015, Ms. Pierce was honored with the Professional Lawyer of the Year Award by the New Jersey Commission on Professionalism in the Law on behalf of the New Jersey Women Lawyers Association.
- In 2005, Ms. Pierce was named a Leader Among Women and Minorities by the New Jersey Law Journal.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers® (2006-2021), a Woodward/White, Inc. business and partners with U.S. News & World Report, in the area of Insurance Law.
- Recognized in Super Lawyers® (2009-2013, 2017-2021), a Thomson Reuters business, in the areas of Insurance Coverage, Health Care, and Employment Litigation: Defense.
- From 2014 to 2018, Ms. Pierce was named to "Women Leaders in the Law" by ALM.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent Rating
- Selective Insurance Company of America v. Boy Scouts of America, 2018, WL 1609342 (E.D. Pa. Apr. 2, 2018)
- Citizens Ins. Co. of Am. v. Selective Way Ins. Co., No. CIV.A. 14-6232, 2015 WL 1650105 (E.D. Pa. Apr. 14, 2015)
- Selective Ins. Co. of South Carolina v. Hershey Equipment Co., 2015, WL 539639 (E.D. Pa. Feb. 20, 2015)
- New Jersey Mfrs. Ins. Co v. National Cas.Co., No. A-5197-10 (App. Div. July 20, 2012)
- New Jersey Mfrs. Ins. Co. v. Nat. Cas. Co., 413 N.J.Super. 94, 992 A.2d 837 (App. Div. 2011)
- Peter Risko v. Thompson Muller Auto.Group, Inc., 206 N.J. 506, 20 A.3d 1123 (2011)
- Brenner v. Hartford Life Ins. Co., 853 N.Y.S.2d 57, 49 A.D.3d 296 (N.Y. App. Div. 2008)
- New Jersey Mfrs. Ins. Co. v. Nat’l Cas. Co., 393 N.J. Super. 340, 923 A.2d 315 (App. Div. 2007)
- New Castle County v. Hartford Acc. and Indem. Co., 778 F.Supp. 812 (D. Del. 1991)
- New Castle County v. Hartford Acc. and Indem. Co., 933 F.2d 1162 (3d Cir. 1991)
- Hartford Life Ins. Co. v. Rosenfeld, No. CIV.A. 05-5542 (KSH), 2007 WL 2226014 (D.N.J. Aug. 01, 2007)
- Pine Belt Enters., Inc. v. SC & E Admin. Servs., Inc., No. CIV.A.04-105 (SRC), 2005 WL 2469672 (D.N.J. Oct. 06, 2005)
- Kutner Buick, Inc. v. Crum & Foster Corp., No. CIV. A. 95-CV-1268, 1995 WL 508175 (E.D. Pa. Aug. 24, 1995)
- Murphy Oil USA, Inc. v. U.S. Fid. & Guar. Co., No. 91-1157, 1992 WL 465701 (W.D. Ark. Dec. 21, 1992)
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- Adverse Employment Action is Not Required To Establish a Failure To Accommodate Claim Under the NJLAD and Subsequent Bodily Injury Claim is Not Barred By the Workers’ Compensation ActAlert, Labor & Employment Alert, 06.14.2021
- Firm News, 03.23.2021
- Bressler, Amery & Ross Expands Business & Commercial Litigation Practice with Addition of Loren PierceFirm News, 03.15.2021
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Speaking Engagement, 01.14.2017
- Speaking Engagement, 11.17.2016
Associations & Organizations
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- American Bar Association
- Member, Insurance Law Section, New Jersey State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Student Mentor, NJLEEP
Areas of Practice
- Seton Hall Law School, J.D., 1985
- Lafayette College, A.B., 1982
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit