Michael Shifrin is a principal in the Firm’s Insurance and Cannabis practice groups where he has more than a decade of legal experience defending, prosecuting and winning cases throughout the State of Florida. Shifrin represents clients who range in size from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. As a litigator, he has resolved more than 1,000 lawsuits at the summary judgment and trial levels as well as through mediation and informal negotiations. Shifrin has also been the prevailing party in arbitration proceedings and created favorable case law at the appellate level.
Shifrin has a passion for winning and exposing bad actors that are perpetrating insurance fraud. Recently, during the deposition of a Plaintiff, Shifrin procured fraudulent testimony from the witness which translated into an immediate dismissal of the lawsuit with prejudice. He’s also confirmed insurance fraud during a pre-suit examination under oath investigation which resulted in a withdrawal of the insurance claim and referral to the Florida Department of Financial Services.
Shifrin enjoys being challenged by complex issues, learning new skills, and serving as a mentor and leader in the community. Outside of work, Shifrin spends his free time traveling, practicing yoga, and volunteering. He currently sits on the board of directors for the Opa-Locka Community Development Corporation, Inc., whose mission is to build a strong ecosystem that supports under-resourced communities in creating an equitable and sustainable economy. He also serves as the Secretary and Treasurer for the Affordable Communities of Florida, Inc., a company tasked with managing a portfolio of real estate assets, constructing and rehabilitating affordable housing and community development projects in Florida, and enhancing the overall livability of neighborhoods through these activities.
Shifrin’s life experiences have proven him that anything is possible when you love what you do, believe in yourself, have a positive attitude, and contribute 100% effort.
Awards & Accolades
- Selected to the list of Super Lawyers "Rising Stars," 2021
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- Bressler, Amery & Ross Principal Michael Shifrin Appointed as Treasurer and Secretary for Affordable Communities of Florida, Inc.Firm News, 10.19.2021
- Alert, Insurance Litigation, 07.21.2021
- Bressler, Amery & Ross Principal Appointed to Opa-locka Community Development Corporation Board of DirectorsFirm News, 07.06.2021
- Alert, Cannabis Law Alert, 06.24.2021
- Three Bressler, Amery & Ross Attorneys Named to 2021 Florida Rising Stars List by Super Lawyers MagazineFirm News, 06.24.2021
- Florida Supreme Court Rejects Florigrown’s Constitutional Challenge to Florida’s Medical Marijuana LawAlert, Cannabis Law Alert, 06.01.2021
- Firm News, 01.04.2021
- Event, 04.26.2018
- Firm News, 09.18.2017
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Webinar, 11.30.2020
- Webinar, 10.07.2020
- Webinar, 09.15.2020
- Webinar, 09.15.2020
- Speaking Engagement, Bonita Springs, Florida, 02.07.20 - 02.08.20
Articles & Publications
- Alert, 04.22.2019