As Managing Principal of Bressler’s Fort Lauderdale office, Wes passionately helps his clients with securities and commercial litigation matters. He makes it his personal goal to help businesses grow and avoid future conflict, while keeping the focus on his client’s long term success through minimizing risk.
Before joining Bressler, Wes served as in-house counsel and Executive Director at UBS Financial Services, where he handled and supervised the firm’s litigation in 21 states and Puerto Rico. Wes also served as UBS’s Southeastern Divisional Counsel, where he was responsible for providing advice and counsel for all issues involving legal, compliance, employment, regulatory, HR, litigation, risk and recruiting for 29 offices and over 1,000 employees (Branch Managers, Complex Managers, Financial Advisors, sales assistants and staff). Prior to his tenure at UBS, Wes gained first hand brokerage experience as a registered representative for Kidder, Peabody.
Wes’s across-the-board and in-depth litigation abilities manifest in steadfast and practical results. He oversaw the successful defense of the largest claim brought by an individual investor in FINRA history of approximately $200 million. The size and successful defense of the case became the subject of a Wall Street Journal article. In addition, he litigated the first successful defense of an auction rate security (ARS) case for UBS, in which the institutional investor sought more than $5 million in damages. Wes is frequently asked to speak before business and legal organizations, and industry associations.
Wes is also passionate about fighting cancer, especially childhood cancer. Wes is Co-President of the I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation because cancer has stricken many members of his family, including his wife, mother, father, sister, and mother-in-law. He and his family devote much of their free time raising funds to help kids suffering with cancer, and their families, and fund cutting-edge research into fighting childhood cancer.
Awards & Accolades
- Selected to the list of Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent lawyers
- Included in the list of the Best Lawyers in America®, 2022, 2023
No aspect of this or any advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. A description of the award methodologies can be found here.
News & Insights
News & Alerts
- Firm News, 05.30.2023
- 50 Bressler Attorneys Recognized By Best Lawyers in America 2023, Including 1 “Lawyer of the Year” and 17 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.18.2022
- 44 Bressler Attorneys Recognized By Best Lawyers in America 2022, Including 1 “Lawyer of the Year” and 13 “Ones to Watch”Firm News, 08.19.2021
- Firm News, 05.04.2021
- Hope Zelinger Named Managing Principal of Bressler’s Miami Office following Firm’s Continued Growth and ExpansionFirm News, 04.27.2020
- Alert, 04.02.2020
- Join I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation and TradeStation as We Honor National Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and Continue the Fight Against Cancer at TopGolfFirm News, 09.06.2019
- Bressler Florida Managing Principal Wes Holston and TradeStation Securities, Inc.'s Steven Greenbaum Named Co-Presidents of Local Childhood Cancer Prevention CharityFirm News, 05.14.2019
- Firm News, 04.19.2012
- Firm News, 06.28.2010
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Bressler to Sponsor I Care I Cure/Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation Annual Golf Event to Benefit Childhood Cancer ResearchFirm News, Davie, FL, 12.07.2020
- Webinar, 09.09.2020
- Client CE Course: Protecting Your Senior & Vulnerable Clients: Prevention, Identification and ReportingSpeaking Engagement, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 03.04.2020
- Event, Davie, FL, 02.29.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 02.13.2020
- Event, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 05.09.2018
- Seminar, 4/24/13-4/26/13
- Event, 3/18/12-3/21/12
- Speaking Engagement, 01.17.2012
- Speaking Engagement, 04.13.2011
Articles & Publications
- Publication, Daily Business Review , 10.18.2017
Associations & Organizations
- Member, Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Compliance and Legal Society
- Member, The Florida Office of Financial Regulation Commissioner’s Advisory Council
- Co- President, I Care I Cure Childhood Cancer Foundation
Get to Know Wes
Get to Know Wes
Wes feels like the luckiest person in the world – he loves what he does for a living, which is to be a businessman who practices law with people he enjoys.
When he is not at work, he enjoys all sports, particularly tennis and golf, in addition to raising funds to fight childhood cancer. Most of all, his favorite sports are those played with his two teenage children.
Areas of Practice
- University of Florida, J.D., 1993
- University of Florida, M.B.A., 1985
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1983
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida