Daniel Korb is a Principal in the firm and a member of the Financial Institutions practice group. With over two decades of practice, Daniel represents public and private companies, national and regional broker-dealers, registered representatives and registered investment advisers. His practice is focused on defending financial institutions and financial services professionals in securities related litigations including customer initiated complaints and industry disputes, as well as enforcement actions and investigations initiated by state and federal agencies and self-regulatory organizations such as FINRA. Daniel partners with his financial services clients to effectively manage and respond to regulatory examinations while developing protocols and relationships to cost effectively review and produce the requested materials in connection with routine and for cause examinations. Daniel also has significant experience in representing financial institutions in connection with industry disputes related to order execution, prime brokerage, capital markets, and investment banking transactions. He is also a member of Bressler's Senior and Vulnerable Investor Group comprised of attorneys who have a shared interest in providing end to end advisory solutions and litigation support for clients needing advice related to senior and vulnerable investor issues.
In addition to his securities work, Daniel regularly appears in federal and state courts on behalf of corporate and individual clients in connection with their business and commercial disputes. An entrepreneur in practice and spirit, Daniel regularly counsels large and small businesses on legal issues that impact their daily operations. He participates in monthly CEO roundtable discussions where he is valued for both his legal and business acumen.
Complimenting his securities and litigation background, Daniel also devotes a significant portion of his time handling employment issues for his clients. He regularly counsels and defends individual and corporate clients in connection with their employment and severance agreements and represents clients with wrongful termination, constructive discharge and defamation claims in court and in arbitration.
Daniel is active in firm management, serving on the firm' Executive Committee and as the Chair of the firm’s Marketing Committee. In 2009, he was recognized by his peers as one of the “Top 40 Under 40” by the New Jersey Law Journal and by New Jersey Super Lawyers and New Jersey Monthly as one of the state’s top “Rising Stars” in 2009 and 2010.
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized on the Super Lawyers, “Rising Stars” List, 2009-2010
- Recognized on the New Jersey Law Journal’s “Top 40 Under 40” List, 2009
News & Insights
- Firm News, 04.13.2010
Speaking Engagements & Events
- Fraud in the Time of Coronavirus: Preventing & Confronting Selling Away & Ponzi Scheme Regulatory Issues & ClaimsWebinar, 05.27.2020
- Speaking Engagement, 10.17.2011
- Alert, 10.05.2018
- Alert, 12.11.2017
- Publication, American Bar Association, 02.06.2017
- Alert, 11.03.2014
- Alert, 07.11.2013
Associations & Organizations
- Morris County Bar Association
- National Society of Compliance Professionals
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), Compliance and Legal Society
- Vistage CEO Group
Get to Know Daniel
Get to Know Daniel
Outside of work, Daniel is an avid golfer who loves to cook, watch college football and spend time with his family.
Areas of Practice
- Financial Institutions
- Financial Institutions Advisory Practice
- Financial Institutions Enforcement Defense
- Financial Institutions Internal Investigations
- Financial Institutions Litigation and Arbitration
- General Litigation
- Investment Advisers
- Retail Client Relationships
- Senior & Vulnerable Investor Group
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1996
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1993
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York